马六甲伯公坛 Pek Kong Thuan 100C Jalan Laksamana Cheng Ho, Melaka



Image of About Blog @ URL https://generalabout.blogspot.my


I was just only thinking about a procession that would take place tomorrow after 60 years of dominance from the beginning of March. If you are a traveler or a tourist who is in Melaka, you must watch the procession. However, a couple of days ago, I noticed the typical Chinese Taoism flags sprouting up along Jalan Laksaman Cheng Ho and Jalan Thamby Abdullah and I check it out. The banner put up by G.L. Media Advertising are big enough to catch your attention while you are driving.

I have gone to the Melaka Pek Kong Thuan on 100C Jalan Laksamana Cheng Ho, 75100 Melaka and was lucky to meet Ah Meng. Ah Meng told me to visit the temple again on Thursday which I did and here is what you can watch the traditional performance by the the Tongji

100C Jalan Laksamana Cheng Ho is a narrow lane and only one car can clear at one time and it is a two-way lane since 1960s. When there was no Jalan Thamby Abdullah, I travelled through this lane to Banda Hilir Road and took a right turn to the right to Malacca High School, a 192 years school adjacent to the old Road Transport Department [Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan] office now the Equatorial Hotel.

Passing this lane every day from Monday to Friday for 11 years, surely I would discover a few locations along this lane. Melaka Kopitiam, Roti Canai Shop, Second-Hand Dealer, and an Insurance Agency Office, I could remember till today. These locations are neighbors of the Melaka Pek Kong Thuan Temple.

Before going home on Thursday after filming for the temple, I prayed to Pek Kong for his blessing and Ah Chew, the chairperson of the temple informed me that I could observe the delegates from other temples offering their respects yesterday evening. I am happy to hear that and I have to go fly the DJI Spark to shoot the event. Watch below.




During a chat with the chairperson and the advisor of the temple, they told me a man who is consistently dedicated to the Pek Kong for many years, could observe the Pek Kong changing facial impression. Upon hearing that, I knelt in front of Pek Kong for several times and could not utter a word after noticing a change in Pek Kong's facial impression from the happy tone earlier to a thinking tone as if he is filtering my appeal to him.


Get to this temple on Sunday 1 April, 2018 by 6 p.m. and see for yourself !


Get Direction to this temple using Google Street View :





Comments