Aunty Koh Cendol and Tai Bak





Having setting 60 hours of laser programme, the Sony cellphone displayed 1:55 noon. To use the AMJ express way is the usual road I take. But the traffic is going to be heavy. I started the car and sped off to the coastal road.

This road will pass by Aunty Koh's cendol stall. I first heard of this stall about nearly two years ago. A guy, Bong told me about this stall. My first attempt to try her cendol failed because I reached her stall after one thirty in the afternoon right after a Malay wedding lunch. My second try also failed when my son and me reached her stall on Hari Raya eve. Her cendol is sold out again today and I tried the alternative Tai Bak. Tai Bak is something like cendol but is red and white in colour. My mum made Tai Bak at home but it was three and a half decade ago.

Aunty Koh's Tai Bak is home made and taste great.

We chatted for about ten minutes. We talked about her neighbours I know and related. I got carried away in the afternoon sun with her wonderful Tai Bak and her brief conversation with me. I will go and try her cendol.

Her stall is in Bukit Rambai, Melaka.





Comments